Saturday, February 6, 2010

Welcome

Lori:

Welcome to our new blog. We're Lori and Carolyn, two best friends who love romance: reading and writing. We also love our friends, each other, good food and all sorts of things.

We met about fifteen years ago when I was between marriages and Carolyn had just gotten her sex change. We recognized that very first time we saw each other that we were wearing the same outfit. (It looked better on me, I must say.)

After the prerequisite girl fight, we became BFFs. Since then we've written together, share a man and occasionally forget whose dentures those are on the bathroom counter.


Carolyn:


I've always loved Lori's imagination - so fresh, so original, so libelous!

You know, it's strange. Our tastes are different in a great many respects. She doesn't like brussels sprouts, for heavens sake! She does likes tattoos and piercings and contemporary romances and - she likes to cook!

You would think we should do like the song says and 'let's call the whole thing off'. But somehow we mesh and we muddle along and we have a shitload of fun (you should pardon my French).

So, despite her continued maligning of my person, I believe I'll keep her.

And we both hope you'll join our craziness and have a riproaring good time.


It's our intention to create a blog that talks about books and writing. We have our resident Aussie, Lea, who will be talking about romance Aussie style. We might be the best of friends but we don't always agree on things and we have no cares or concerns about being PC.

9 comments:

  1. I just want you to know, that's a NEKKID picture in About Us!! Remarkable resemblance though, isn't it? :-D

    Rock on sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're right - it is a nekkid picture and I can instantly tell which is which.

    Great to see the new blog up and about. Between the both of you I'm sure there will be many laughs, tears, hugs etc. And just so you know - I've invested in a screen protector. A little expensive but knowing you two as I do, an investment that will pay for itself in no time.

    Congrats on the new digs ladies, me like :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pink!! Pffft!

    But as you know, my mantra is ... OMG what is my mantra??? Comprehension? Combination? Coedcil?

    Okay, I forget what my mantra is; I'll be back when I remember it. I'll have to check in Es El Momento.

    Good lord ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compromise. *nods head*

    Compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing the 2 of you... you could use consanguination.... or even exsanguination. Or confluence... confused... congratulations. Okay, who asked for my commentary?? Confucius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confucius!! That's a good one, MJ. You can be our Confucius and whenever we see a 'Confucius says ...' we shall pause and read and then say ... Nah!

    LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found you two.
    Have loads of fun here. I'll be here reading and ocasionally post a comment, if I can get my lazy ass moving....

    xxx
    Jolan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jolan *waves madly*

    Thanks for the support. If there's anything you'd like us to cover, just let us know. We'll tackle just about anything, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Look I've found you! I shall put this blog on my list.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete