Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Looking Forward (Books! Books! Books!)

Carolyn:


I had many good reads in 2009. Discovered new authors and tracked down many a backlist.

What do I have to look forward to in 2010?

Lots of new releases by many of my favorite authors!! Woo and hoo!

Already have one - Lessons in French by Laura Kinsale. Historical romance. Thanks Lori. Mwah!

The fourth book in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Magic Burns, is due out in May. I can't wait for this one. :-D

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashely, Lord Mac's story will be published in July. Another one I'm dying to read. I LOVED The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

Two new 'In Death' books by J D Robb are due in February and November of this year. Nora Roberts releases are The Search in July and book 4 of the Bride Quartet in November.

Jennifer Crusie is releasing two books this year also: Wild Ride in March and Maybe This Time in August.

The next book in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs is coming out in March: Moon Called. Oh, I can't wait for this one!

I'm sure there's others that have slipped my mind.

Lori - do you have a list?




Lori
:

Well I'm a bad reader because I have no feaking idea what's coming out. I can tell you what I'll be reading this year but they're all old releases.

I'm going to work my way through Loretta Chases backlist. I've already purchased Mr. Impossible and Not Quite a Lady.

Anything Jennifer Cruisie has coming out I'll read.

I have the second of Nora's wedding series, Bed of Roses, to read. I have some older titales of hers than my darling friend Carolyn sent me that I haven't yet read.

I have Courtney Milan's Proof of Seduction still to read. And Kristan Higgan's has a new book out I have yet to purchase.

I have Letters in French by Laura Kinsale to read but I still also have Flowers in the Storm on my shelf.

I want to read The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten because he's so marvelously crusty and also Sapphires and Garlic by Rita Someone, a New York Times food critic.

And OMG!! Louisa Edwards!!! On the Steamy Side is coming out and you know how I glom on foodie books.

I'm also catching up (or planning to) on Jasper Ffjord's writing and I have a whole bunch of Janet Evanovich and Victoria Dahl and is Tessa Dare going to put more out...



Anybody else have a list or title they're looking forward to reading?

2 comments:

  1. Lisa Kleypas has not one - but TWO coming out that I'm looking forward to. And the next one in the series by Jennifer Ashley. I loved me The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie!! And while Fantasy in Death didn't rock my boat they way the In Death books usually do, still I'm looking forward to the next one in the series anyway as one calm boat ride in a 36 wild boat rides isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out Crusie and Meyer have a paranormal coming out soon called Wild Ride. I loved Agnes and the Hitman, so I man put this on my wish list. :-)

    I haven't gotten Fantasy in Death yet, Kristy but I will sooner or later. Your review didn't make me hesitate at all, lol. I just want more Roarke!!

    ReplyDelete