Monday, July 26, 2010

The Travails of a New Computer Owner (a continuing story)

The battle - the epic battle - with the computer continues. I'm not quite sure what the score is ...

Finally managed to get the Resurrection file into the new computer, started working on the last unfinished chapter, saved it and ... it was gone! As in disappeared. Couldn't find it anywhere. And don't you know it was probably the best writing I'd ever done in my entire life! Heh.

Anyway, for those with Microsoft Word Starter 2010 - don't use the save button under file on the left side of the page. It may be saved, but you'll have a hell of a time finding it. As in nevah!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it just rot your socks?

    Have you found it yet?

    Can you remember a line of phrase of it? You might have better luck finding it with the search function on your start menu. (I'm thinking Windows XP - I assume the later versions have something similar.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete