Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Carolyn,

Sanhain is looking for post-apocolyptic novellas but it would need to be submitted by March 1, I believe.

That seems to be my experience with Samhain: they're always looking for exactly what I've started writing but there's never enough time to finish and submit. Maybe you could do it if you were motivated enough and I was willing to nag enough but I doubt either of us is willing.

Well, I finished Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a funny as hell inside look at how some restaurants run. The only thing is that Chef Bourdain puts a little too much testosterone into everything he says and it's hard to know how much is jism talking and how much is real.

I had a strange feeling while reading the book that Chef Bourdain was a bit of a poser. He certainly would see himself as an alpha male, I think he might be more the loud-mouthed friend of the hero who bails out when needed.

So we went to the pool again today and since I finished the book I needed something new to read. I started When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James. Carolyn, start reading this immediately!

I've never read Ms. James before but if this is her usual then we'll be buying her entire backlist soon. O.M.G. This woman writes like a spun candy. It's completely gossamer with threads of humor, description, snark, brilliance...

I have to finish the pre-edits on Hot, Hexed and Bothered. I signed up to do a guest blog and give-away on Fang-tastic Books blog on release day. Does that make me Nora Roberts yet? (Now let's compare royalty statements and watch La Nora bust a gut laughing.)

Right now I have curtains to hang, another load of laundry to do and I was going to hang pictures. Ha! There's always another weekend on the way.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment