Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dear Carolyn,

I went a little Kindle crazy myself this weekend and you'll see that there's a number of new titles in the reading list.

I finished A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James which is a retelling of Cinderella. It was enjoyable. Not as brilliant as When Beauty Tamed the Beast but still heads and shoulders above the crowd.

The difficult thing when reading a book you enjoy so much is choosing what comes next. I really wanted to stay in the happy place and so I'd decided to read The Wallflower books by Lisa Kleypas. But then I decided to shop.

So you'll see we have three paranormal, humorous romances, 4 books about food and a Debbie Macomber novel set in Seattle. I guess I'm returning to my comfort zone also.

I started reading Ravenous: A Food Lover's Journey from Obsession to Freedom. It's non-fiction and I'm enjoying it greatly. Not surprising since it's a woman writing about her food obsessions and enjoyments. It's funny to me also because we don't share the same obsessions really.

Then again, you and I don't share all the same obsessions either except for Spaniards and humor. And look how well we get along. I'll be interested to know which books yyou'll choose to read and which you'll ignore.

Well, I'm going back to reading about a stranger's obsession with olives. Yuck. But I like the writing and sentiment so back to her story I'll go.

See what I'll do to avoid my line edits?

Love ya,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment