Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dear Lori

I hear you darlin', and like Fat Albert I just go 'long. Heh.

It is handy we're back though, because I have Something To Say and didn't really know where to say it.

I saw a book cover I fell absolutely in love with. The book's called Blood of the Rose by Kate Pearce. Tudor England and vampires. Yum.

But it's the second book of a series and immediately my spotty OCD kicked in. I had to start with the first book, Kiss of the Rose.

Now - you'll find this book in our Kindle account, but my advice is just leave it alone. Aside from the fact that you don't like vampires, it contains immoderate lusting for no discernable reason in the first chapters. And while they've chased a vampire twice, it just seems like nothing's happening. Except the lust, of course. Oh, and there's a potential triangle.

Well, long story short, I got bored and stopped reading. I may go back and try again, despite the fact that I don't particularly like either of the main characters and just don't feel a connection to them. Or maybe not.

Anyway, just a heads up. *grin*

Otherwise, nothing happening here. It's damn cold though. Thank you for the new header, that guy warmed me up nicely. I believe I'll call him Sam, he just looks like a Sam.

Sincerely

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment