Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Lori

Another day, another post. I'm on a roll here.

Can someone please explain why it's impossible to sleep in on the weekends? Even when I stay up late, I still wake up at 5:30, just like a work day. It's very depressing and makes me feel sleep deprived. I know it's probably because of routine, but what I say is that the routine ought to allow for weekend sleep ins.

I've changed my WIP to first person. I was getting nowhere fast with third, and now I actually have three more sentences! So, the opening is changed:

I slept through the end of the world and awoke in the Twilight Zone. Only the music was missing.

Much more intimate and one should be intimate in an apocalypic, magic laden, slightly snarky epic. Don't you think so?

Changing the subject slightly, I just finished reading Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis. I enjoyed this book. It had alpha males and animals and they weren't the same characters. Can't get any better than that. I liked that the heroine went to bed with the hero but was perfectly willing to let him walk away, no matter how much it hurt. In fact, he thought she was a little too willing, lol. Anyway, I recommend this book to you and will definitely read the next books. The hero has two 'brothers', so you know there'll be more books. I even recognized the setups even though they weren't overwhelming and didn't overshadow the main plotline.

I'm getting better at this stuff. *grin*

It's almost 7:00 your time. Wonder if you're up yet. Guess what - I've been up over three hours already! Time for a nap.

Oh, but David's cooking breakfast. Turkey bacon. Uh - yum? Okay, eat turkey bacon and then a nap.

Love

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment