Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear Lori

OMG!!

Antonia is threatening to send The Seduction of Lady Bea to line edits!!

Now that I've had a chance to think about it, I wonder: did we go through so many edits because we were polishing a pearl with potential,or simply because it needed that much more work? Well, it is very definitely polished and I'm very pleased with the changes, as is Antonia, I think. She kept them, anyway, lol.

I gotta tell ya, Lori, this is nerve wracking stuff. You know how I hate rewrites and I've been rewriting my ass off. Actually, that's not true, my ass is still there in all its glory, so we'll just say there's been a lot of rewrites. Makes me wonder why the story was accepted in the first place!

However, I'm not complaining, it just sounds that way. I'm musing - there's a difference, you know. I'm trying to understand. Trying to sound intelligent and like I know what the hell's going on.

I keep checking my email, but so far no word. If she really sends it to the line editor ... should I stock up on chocolate? Maybe vodka?

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

Love

Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Hey woman.

    Well, line edits are pretty easy. Much easier than what Antonia's put you through so far.

    I'm so excited for you. I can't wait till there's a cover to flog.

    ReplyDelete