Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dear Lori

I've been in the mood for paranormal lately and actively seeking new books/series to suit my palate. I took a chance on Taste Me by Tamara Hogan. (How's that for a sorta pun?)

I couldn't quite connect with this one. The lifestyle was way beyond my comprehension and while I have no objection to reading about different lifestyles, this one was not for me. It would probably work real well for someone younger (say, about 100 years younger). I am an Old Fart, after all, and my old fartiness came to the fore with this book. When I say incubus and rock and roll concerts, does that give you a hint?

I started it with high expectations, saw where it was going and said to myself 'Ptooie', because I do say things like that frequently. I also use 'Pfftt' quite often and did so for this book. It's one of those books where, after you get past all the lust and internal yearning, you realize everything could have been settled with one honest conversation, but then we wouldn't have a book, would we? I loved/hated the hero. The heroine (who is a siren and can bring out everyone's lust) did try to pin down the hero, trying to find out where the hell he was coming from, but she got nowhere fast.

I confess, I ended up skimming through much of the book.

On a more optimistic note, I have the first book in the Gardella Vampire series by Colleen Gleason, called The Rest Falls Away . It's evidently an historical, so maybe I'll fare better because I'm rather historical myself. *grin*

I have no idea why I'm telling you all this. You don't even like vampires, except for Susan Squire's. Gonna post it anyway. Ha!

Is this a review? Nah, because we don't do reviews. This is an opinion, a simple opinion. Like/dislike - simple as that. No book dissection. No opinion about the writing because - hey - who am I to talk? I'll just say I'm not into incubi, sirens and rock and roll put all together and leave it at that.

It was a damn good premise though. Wish one of us had thought of it.

2 comments:

  1. Incubus and rock and roll? I am so envious of that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record. I adored this series and was lucky enough to read them back to back. Love the historical paranormals.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete