Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dear Lori

Just a small note to say thank you.

Because of you, I'm in a very good place. A place I would never have tried to achieve on my own.

I'm being published. (Que noise makers and pop the champagne!)

Now, this is the way I look at it.

Some people may sneer and say 'Ah, but you're not New Yawk published. It doesn't count'. To that I reply, well hell, there's lots of folks that aren't New York published but by damn, there's lots of folks that aren't published at all. Period. So that's a check in my column, right?

And you know what they say about the internet; stuff put there never quite goes away, so now, in my own small way, I have a bit of immortality,

I don't want to be a little fish in a big pond. I don't want to be a big fish in a little pond. I'm grateful to be swimming in any pond at all.

I'm not sure I'd still be writing if not for you. You challenge me, you get me excited over storylines and such, and when that doesn't work, you nag. You encourage me by listening when I get caught up in the process and you slap me down when I need it.

There's a fine line between being a hack and writing what's in your heart and you pushed me over it. We're not alike except in one thing, okay two. We value honesty and we like to talk the talk about the writing process.

So thank you. ♥

1 comment:

  1. I could say almost all the same things back to you.

    I've got some wonderful friends but it's that rare person who becomes family. And it's a willingness to piss each other off and be honest as well as to support each other.

    I don't know if I would have stepped away from fan fiction without your belief in me. And now I've had two books published and more coming.

    Maybe we're just a good team ;-)

    ReplyDelete