Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Demon Marked

Okay, so I bought Demon Marked by Meljean Brook and .... I really liked it!

Why this one and not some others I've tried? Damned if I know.

Perhaps it was because Ash was a clean slate and the reader learned things about this world as she did. Perhaps it was cold, repressed Nick, who had a crappy upbringing and never lost sight of his goal - kill the demon who took his mother's place - and watching him thaw as he fell in love with Ash. Nick himself admits he's paranoid and it takes most of the book before he sees her clearly enough to completely trust her. I knew he was a goner when she could make him laugh against his will.

So now what do I do? Do I pick and choose which Guardian books to try? Or do I go back to the very beginning and soldier my way through? There's some weird folk in these books, not sure I want to get close and personal with them all. It just seems wrong, though, not to start at the beginning. Must be a touch of OCD kicking in there.

It's settled then. Wonder if I have the first book? Hmmm...shopping time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment