Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Twofer!!

I hate to put up a post the same day Lori did, but one must strike while the iron's hot (or before one forgets what one was going to post).

Enough with the 'ones'!

Just finished Fatal Destinyy by Marie Force. My impression was WTF??

This is the book that her fans helped with, planning wedding stuff and such. I have to say it was a pretty good wedding, but what happened to the rest of the book?

Everything sort of petered out.

****SPOILERS****



The guy who was scary and evil enough to force a federal prosecutor to lie and dismiss the case against him was suddenly apprehended because he was stupid enough to fire a shot at cops. All handled in less than a chapter. Sam's obsessed ex - who never succeeded in convincing me he was dangerous despite his activites - also did something stupid that landed his ass back in jail. So there goes that plot line.

What was left? Well, the wedding and the sechs before the wedding and of course the sechs after the wedding and I was sort of skimming by then and all of a sudden it was over. Book done.

Silly me, I expected ... not quite sure what I expected, but whatever it was, it wasn't there. Perhaps more PLOT? As in police stuff? Everyone's relationships are more or less hunky dory now, so maybe this is the last book.

****END SPOILER***




Btw, what is it with these titles? I can't keep the damn things straight, much less assign a storyline to them. 'Fatal' this and that - I don't know which is which. Have the same problem with the Magic books, much as it grieves me to say it. I hate this trend.

Ah well, I'm sure younger minds and better memories than mine have no problem. It's just sort of embarrassing to have to go to Amazon to find out which book you've read and which book you want to read.

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment