Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks for the Giving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, the holiday that used to be my favorite but isn't anymore. My family is spread far and wide and I don't have any local "family" to share holidays with. So my daughter and I do it together (which is awesome in its own right) except...

my daughter doesn't eat turkey. Or stuffing. Or sweet potatoes. Or veggies. Or pie.

Get the feeling that this is not the Thanksgiving of my dreams?

I love to cook but with a picky eater, it's downright impossible. So I'm trying for a mix of traditional and non-traditional foods that might get eaten.

But I was thinking about it and thought there are so many things I'm thankful for this year. I'm thankful to be employed because being unemployed in this job market was terrifying. I'm thankful for my family, especially my brother and his wife who might live in Hawaii but shower us with so much love it makes my head spin.

I'm thankful for my BFF, writing and blogging partner Carolyn. She knows how much so I won't get goopy here.

I'm thankful for Ms. Lea who makes me laugh constantly and totally gets the humor. Couldn't ask for a better mini-me.

I'm thankful for all the folks who have stopped by this blog whether they've cmmented or not. It's nice to have a connection of any sort.

I'm thankful that we're here and we're sharing this brief time together. All of us. The world is a scary, fascinating place and it's nice to know there are others muddling through with us.

2 comments:

  1. We don't do the giving of the thanks here, although some of us should... but I'd like to say that I'm thankful too.

    * To you and Carolyn for the encouragement in the writing business, regardless.

    * For the laughs and tears and damn great stuff you both write and share. I might be biased but you know you have a fan in me. hell, I survived Bodice, so that has to tell you something.

    *For allowing me to be mini-me to your major-you. It's fun.

    There's a whole lot else I could be thankful for her but this is your blog. Just ahd to add my 1.98c worth (the exchange rate is pitiful lol)

    Thanks ladies for sharing your talent with us. We readers may be few, but I can assure you we are grateful.

    PS - tell Miss M to eat her greens or a short hobbit like Aussie might have to come up there and watch over her until she does.

    Or maybe I'll just bring the pav and lammies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and remember - burp discreetly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete