Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lori's Best of 2011

I don't know that I have a best of list really but there were some books I really enjoyed for different reasons.

Silk Is For Seduction by Loretta Chase. I make no bones about my willingness to bear Loretta Chases' love child or even *gasp* clean her bathrooms. Yes, that's right. I'm such a Loretta Chase fan girl I would willingly clean her bathroom. I wouldn't like it but if it would free up wrting time in her life then I'm all over it.

Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook. I liked Iron Duke but I loved Heart of Steel. Archimedes Fox and Yasmeen are simply the best romance couple evah. Now I'm not offering to have Meljean's babies but I would happy bake her a cupcake and not lick the frosting off before I give it to her.

The Shop of Shades and Secrets by Colleen Gibson. I admit I have a weakness for free-spirited heroines and uptight heroes. Add a ghost, a mystery, a politician and grandparents having sex and well, it's a winner all around.

Hello Kitty Must Die by Angela Choi. I don't remember if this was a Kindle free read or a 99 center but it was awesome. I mean, mass murdering, soulless soul mates. I snorted and giggled throughout the whole damned thing.

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James. This book was amazing. Funny, felt, fresh. Easy to read and a pleasure to do so.

I read a lot of books I enjoyed but I don't know if I would label them best of. Some new authors hit my Kindle: Nalini Singh, Saranna DeWylde, Sally McKenzie.

What I'm always looking for is foodie romance. Or foodie books without romance. I've read The Best Food Writing of Name Your Year, Anthony Bourdain, Ruth Reichl, Gesine Bullock... Those books that talk about food with passion. That describe the art of eating.

Anyway, that's my list right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment