Sunday, June 10, 2012

Captain Caboodle's Oodles of Noodles






Finally, it's out there and for sale. Whew.

This was one of those books I started just to have some fun. And then I entered a little contest before it was done and the editor picked it as a finalist to get a read from an Ellora's Cave editor. So I finished it and sent it to the editor and never heard back.

It's true. It was sent to Ellora's Cave on Feb 1 and today is June 10 and I've still never heard from them.

My computer died in the meanwhile and the thumb drive that had all my writing disappeared. Lost in the great void. So I wrote EC and asked if they could send me a copy of my opus. They did with no mention of it's status.

So I hired an editor. I bought cover images and went to our amazing Lea who made that beautiful cover. (Wait till you see what else she's made. She's amazing!!!)

We buffed this baby and I HTML's myself into a coma.

And she's finally available for sale.

Why? Because it has an ordinary woman, a sex-bot and food. It's my fantasy life right there.

Captain Caboodle's Oodles of Noodles. It's just what I do.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations darlin'. I know you put a lot of work into this book and I wish you much success with it. Already have my copy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should write the story of the story too! What a series of dramas. I'd have been a wreck if I'd lost all those copies.
    I'm heading over to Amazon right now to get my copy.

    Btw Lea, t'riffic cover. You really are a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess who has a copy. Go on, have a stab? I'll even give you a clue. First initial is Lea!

    :D

    I agree with Cheryl - the story on the story would be most interesting. All the dramas to go through just to get your stuff out there. When you see some of hte rubbish that's been published, it makes you wonder how they got off so easy.

    And aww, thanks for the compliments ladies, glad you like the covers. The end result of lots of fun consultations with the authors - what a ride :D

    ReplyDelete