Friday, August 3, 2012

Recharging

Carolyn told me to go read the Ilona Andrews blog post today and I did and it meant a lot. I finally feel like I can say what I totally feel and that's that I'm tired. Bone-deep, pure exhausted.

This last year I've gone through a huge upset in jobs leaving me in a less stressful job but one with a lot less money and benefits. I've had three book releases (or has it been more?). My daughter is moving on to middle school, we got a dog, there's been enough anxiety to fuel a small nation and I'm just freaking tired.

I find that my interests right now are almost all about the home. I have projects I want to do and organization I want to try.

I feel like I want to be more present in my life and less focused on trying to write something that might sell.

I need to recharge.

Marinated Publishing is going to put out an anthology of stories that I'm excited about and I have my Hollywood Heroes stories that I haven't lost my enthusiasm for. But I think I'll let those develop as they may. Right now I want to hang a mirror in my hallway and make a seating area in a small space. My kitchen needs to be painted and it needs a new floor.

Writing is less fun as it becomes about sales. I need to find a way out of that rut.

So I'm going to paint. I'm going to learn to tile a floor. And I'm going to have a nap.

God, I'm so damned tired.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better soon, darlin'. You've taken on alot for an old Fart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete