Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: Kleenex Version




"You sobbed like a little bitch."
What my daughter said to me as we left the movie theater.



Mollie and I read The Fault in Our Stars and both us love thought the book was amazing and moving. Neither of us cried but it was a misty read.

We saw the movie today and I sobbed throughout. Tears ran down my cheeks, my throat was clogged and only the fact that we were surrounded by strangers kept me from full out gulping sobs.

Almost never is a movie better than a book. This movie was.

Putting real faces on Hazel and Gus made their story even more solid. And the actors weren't beautiful, they were real and fit the roles perfectly.

And seeing Laura Dern as Hazel's mother with the pain on her face as her daughter was sick... God, I'm crying thinking of it.

I'm not a great fan of angst but this movie was amazing. Pass the kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment