Friday, June 6, 2014

Where I've Been

Here's a blog post nobody wants to write...

I lost my job.

Seven months working for my dream employer in my dream job and I got fired. Reason given: none. It seemed one out of 28 providers didn't like me (not my work, not my abilities but me) and so I got the boot.

I've been in shock for the last week and depressed like nobody's business. Losing a job because someone doesn't like you... I feel dead inside.

To try and keep my chin up I've been getting all my old published titles back on Amazon (thank you Lea for some fabulous new covers) and I'll redo blurbs and get them all up here on ye olde blog. And I started looking for another job. But I feel like shit.

Today I got my last check so I'm feeling especially out to sea.

Hell, to feel better let me show you one of those new covers that Lea did. It's pretty fantastic.

 That cover is better than the book. LOL!!!!!

Oh I love it so.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Lori, that just sucks so bad. All this time I've been so happy for you, having this happen, it just...I don't even know what to say. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AZ. As we both know, things are always in flux. So maybe, hopefully soon we'll both have jobs we're excited about. I'm so delighted for you though, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs*. It's not fair that one person out of 28 can have so much power. Seems like there should be a consensus and if that were the case, you'd still have a job. Especially since you'd never been written up for any of your work.

    Lori, the covers are gorgeous, (looked them up on Amazon). I think Angel Lane is my favorite now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just sucks. I'm so sorry. I hope this door closing will lead to a much better door opening.

    ReplyDelete