Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh

Carolyn: So I bought this book, Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh. I love her psy-changeling books. She's a really great writer. And who can resist a contemporary with a sexy rock star?


Lori: Not you apparently. Have you read it yet? Because I tried it, especially after you've been telling me to read her.


Carolyn: Well I was telling you to read her series.


Lori: Now you're going to get specific?


Carolyn: It takes you about two years to read something I suggest. Then you read something different.


Lori: Notice how we're fighting to avoid reviewing this book?


Carolyn: Well most of romancelandia seemed to love the book.


Lori: Maybe we live on the outskirts of romancelandia. Or we live on romanceislandia. I did NOT like it. Hell, I couldn't get past the first chapters, it was so ridiculous and sex times as to be uninteresting.


Carolyn:  I'm not a big fan of insta-lust either. And these characters were at it so much I expected them to get bladder infections.


Lori: Heh. I might use that.


Carolyn: Bless your heart. Although I did like the secondary characters and their stories. Did you?


Lori: Didn't get far enough in the book to see any. Once Mr. Hottie banged the virgin librarian a million times the first night after not exchanging a single word with her previous to telling her he wanted to bang her, I needed an Advil.


And I most definitely did not want to read a story where a man thinks a hard dick means love and a virgin librarian thinks her first time with a stranger against a wall is perfectly okay. Not for me.


Carolyn: When did we get old?


Lori: When we lost interest in sex for sexs' sake?


Carolyn: Try her other series. Not as much sexy times and you'll like it, I promise.


Lori: Okay, okay. By the way, I have this weird hair growing on my chin...


Carolyn: Let me get the tweezers.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!

    (though I did warn you there was a lot of sex there)

    ReplyDelete