Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ranty McRant Has Come to Town

So this is a personal ranty post...

I moved to Hawaii at the end of August. I had sent resumes out previously and had calls from people, I was feeling really hopeful that the job market here might be welcoming.

Oh my freaking God... this is a horror story.

First of all, there's the Hawaiian time thing going on. Example: I applied for one job which called me for an interview three weeks later. At the interview they said that they haven't had a receptionist for months and they're hoping to hire someone by November. You know, a month away.

Oh dear God.

Then there's the hospital. Had multiple job openings. I applied online and got a call when I was in Seattle. Manager said she loved my resume and I knew the computer system they used. Got to Hawaii and there's still multiple jobs. I email. Nothing. I call. Nothing. I go down twice and nothing.

All the jobs are now filled. I didn't even get an interview.

And of course my favorite thing wherever you go: at the end of the interview the promise that they'll contact and let you know what happened. They don't.

I'm getting so crazy frustrated. I've interviewed for jobs I could do in my sleep and no response. I send resumes and no response. I got an email from one place that said my resume and interview were incredible.... but they offered the job to someone else.

::headdesk::

Aaarggg!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lori that sucks to badly! I was so hopeful that you would get that job at the hospital, the assholes! *hug*

    I'm keeping you and Mollie in my thoughts, and hoping, hoping, hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll happen, I know it will. I'm not going to go on about God never gives us more than we can handle, because he damn well does. Lots of folks aren't strong enough and break. But you, you're a strong lady. Bless your heart, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete