Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rock Courtship by Nalini Singh

I don't read much erotica, although sometimes I wonder if most of romance is now erotica. However there are degrees and in my little world, Nalini Singh's new contemporary series is erotica.

I've always contended that everyone has their own touch of OCD and I reckon mine is collecting all the books in a particular series. I already had Rock Addiction and even though I didn't care for the insta-lust or pages and pages of graphic sex, when the next one, Rock Courtship, released, I bought it albeit not on release day.

Authors should celebrate people like me.

It was the blurb that decided me, that and the promo informed me it would be an unusual courtship. So here we go.



What happens when the Gentleman of Rock decides to play dirty?

A drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet, David has a single, powerful weakness: Thea, the band's publicist and the woman who steals his breath away with her every move.

Only problem is, Thea doesn't date clients--or musicians. Emotionally scarred by a cheating ex, she's not about to risk her heart with a man who has groupies buzzing around him like flies. Even if his sexy smile ties her up in knots.

What she doesn't know is that David is a one-woman man...and he's madly in love with her. David's determined to prove he's worth the risk, and willing to court her, step by exquisite step. Thea's about to discover just how long and hard this handsome drummer can play.



You might call the hero, David, an anomaly. I'm sure there's lots of women out there who would agree. He's a rock star that tried the groupie scene early on and didn't care for it so he stopped. He's a one man woman and he found his woman and he's been true to her although she won't give him a chance. I'm a little tired of heroines tarring every man with the same brush ("my heart was broken and I'll never trust again, get away from me, kind, handsome honest, sexy man") but I liked the way Singh handled this.

They memo'd each other. David could out spin the PR artist, lol.

This was a novella, so although there was sex it didn't completely overwhelm me. I'm sorry to say, it all starts to sound the same after awhile. This book was just the right size for the story and, unlike Rock Addiction they don't have sex until well into the book, 'cause they're too busy memo-ing.

And this story was about family, another reason I really liked it. We spend time with David's family and Thea's family which I loved. The problem near the end, which in a novel would have been drawn out for chapters and chapters, was efficiently taken care of and there were no big misunderstandings to keep the lovers apart while they agonized for pages and pages and PAGES!! (God, I hate that!)

Anyway, I do recommend this little book. I loved the hero, loved him. The heroine was good too, once she got over her hangups. Lori, try this one and see what you think.

The next book in the series is to be a full length novel, or so I understand and I'll be dithering again. To get or not to get ... arrgghh!




**Edited


Lori: Nope. Although it was easier to read, it was still too erotic by half. And even if they didn't have sex till a third of the way through, they did it like rabbits the minute it started.


And I truly dislike the entire I can only express myself if my dick is inside you. These people couldn't talk while wearing underwear.


Sorry. Disliked it. Less than the first book but plenty.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't even read the first book with all the sex and insta-lust (love). But I'll try this because you told me to. And I am nothing if not submissive, Mistress Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete