Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Random Shit I Want To Mention

I've had a recent career shift which has changed my life. I'm working in a veterinary clinic. The money is shit but the job is awesome. It's the first time in a very long time that I've actually had a job that keeps me busy all day, makes me laugh most of the day and feel good at the end of the day.

So that's all a wonderful change from what my life had been the last few years.

**

Mollie and I have adjusted to Hawaii (I love living here) and are still adjusting to living as a blended family. For the most part it's pretty okay but living with another adult woman with her own set of mood swings is always a challenge. The funny thing is that I'm the adult woman in the house who acts the most rationally and the least emotionally. Now that's a huge switch up in my life.

**

I'm taking a romance reading break. I'm reading the Hit Man series by Lawrence Block which I read a lifetime ago. I'm enjoying it and it's like sitting and watching TV while eating Cheetos. No real substance but you still enjoy it and feel rested and satisfied later.

**

My writer's block is unblocked. Somewhat.

There was something about Jane Litte admitting to being Jen Frederick that turned a switch in my head. I can't explain it but I was in my car and wrestling with my feelings and I suddenly had an idea that became a thunderbolt. And I started writing.

Of course I have to rewrite it all since I'm changing a huge part of it but still, I'm writing.

Happiness.

**

So Carolyn and I did free book giveaways on Amazon over the weekend and I have to say that it wasn't worth it at all. Smallest amount of downloads I've ever done with a free book and it was responsible (I think) for only one book sale.

So not worth it.

**

And Survivor is having an interesting season. They have some of the most unlikable players they've ever had and I'm not rooting for anyone. Except kind of, a little bit, one cute guy who won't go far. I'm still hooked but with so many unpleasant people, it's more an intellectual exercise than a true experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment