Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Goals

It was a shit week. So I had a lot riding on having a nice weekend and I got to say: it was brilliant.

First came Saturday morning and #beachday

I went to Spencer beach, which was a new beach for me and now my new favorite. The parking is right next to the beach so no lugging stuff all over the place. There were rest rooms right there. It wasn't necessarily the prettiest beach but it was the most comfortable I've found.

I see many beach days in my future.

Then I came home and finished my desk.

Mostly.

I'd already painted it red and put the contact paper on it. But on Saturday I put on the drawer pulls (a little crookedly) and spray painted the leg black. The desk had been an industrial gray with cheap wood pieces poking through. This is so much better.

Goes nicely with the pretty blue bookcases I painted.

I got a shelf up in my closet so now I have much needed extra storage.

Last goal in the bedroom is to make my own headboard and make my own rag rug. Very exciting.

It's becoming so much more the room I love.

2 comments:

  1. You are a natural nester. Every place you've lived (since I've known you), you've worked on and improved, whereas I go 'Eh' and shrug my shoulders, lol.

    I think my favorite of this incarnation is the chandelier. That is trés cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Way to be crafty. It's a talent I much envy.

    ReplyDelete