Saturday, July 9, 2016

Aloha: A Farty Update

Very excited today: my sister and her wife will be here this afternoon and vacationing for 2 weeks. They spend most of the first week on a 4 day hike/camp with my brother and more but then there's a week of play.

I'm excited about having a little play.

Beyond that, I'm writing like a fiend and it's been a long time since I've written so much and had such a good time doing it. My goal is to have the book finished by the end of the month and in Carolyn's hot, little hands.

Carolyn is well but dealing with a sick hubby. She's reporting daily that sick men are the reason women remain single. Anyway, hopefully it's a case of pneumonia and she's waiting for him to get the fuck over it so she can get back to buying books.

So I saw this image on Instagram (thank you @SebDivo)

 which is a mural called Bleeding Hearts on a wall in Venice Beach, California.

I love it like crazy. I'm going to talk to my nephew about making something similar for my bedroom wall. Because this is my new favorite thing.

Anyway, right at this moment I'm happy and excited Work is okay, family is fun and writing is good. I'm expecting some bad news coming down the pike soon financially but I'll deal with it when it comes. Right now, I'm going to love today and wish all my friends out there a wonderful weekend.

And John: GET BETTER! please.

2 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts to Carolyn and her husband--may he get all better soonest.

    And also hoping that whatever news come down later on for you, are not anywhere near as bad as you think they'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your family. :-)

    Can't wait 'til tomorrow and yet I don't want to go. We get the results of John's tests. He is so sick and at times sounds 'out of it'. :-( No fever now, tho.

    ReplyDelete