Thursday, September 22, 2016

Not The Same

A few random thoughts:

At my job we have a couple of patients who are called "professional patients" because they're very hyper-aware of everything moderately medical and spend much of their time taking care of their various ailments. Which isn't to say they don't have legitimate complaints but rather, they're just annoying.

And female.

It occurred to me the other day when I got a phone call from another doctor's office about a patient who was in their office, there's another of our professional patients! But then I realized it was a man. And when I started thinking about it, had to recognize that the majority of our professional patients are, in fact, men.

Which then got me thinking about how much I dislike the p.p. women and thinking about it I recognized that I dislike the men just as much and all this time I never realized how sexist it was to point at the women only when the men are as bad or even worse. Also, the women are usually single. The men are often married and their wives are in on the action.

Which then reminded me of something wonderful I read that said in comparing Hillary and Donald, one can't compare because they are not the same. It's not picking the lesser of two evils when one is slightly icky because her ties to big money and changing sides on certain issues and the other is a racist, misogynist, xenophobic narcissist capable of starting WW3.

Nope, not the same at all.

And for those who love to bring up Bill and Monica: Trump cheated on wife #1 with wife #2 and has made inappropriate comments about his own daughter. I'll take Bill over that.

And on top of all this, I realized that one of the hardest things I ever did was ask for a raise because the work I do and how well I do it deserves greater monetary compensation. And being told no, then devalued me. And feeling devalued has changed how I feel about my job and my boss and I hate work now.

What a fuck fest.

1 comment:

  1. All the hugs --- and hoping the resume-re-working/updating thing goes most excellently, because you deserve to be recognized AND compensated accordingly to the work you do, and not because of what plumbing you have (or not)

    ReplyDelete