Sunday, September 18, 2016

Well damn...

You know that moment when you figure out what's been getting in your way forever?

I was writing a story and at 30,000 words it fizzled. Completely stopped. So then I put it aside and started something that's been writing itself. Until I hit 30,000 words.

30,000 words is my killer. So I decided to look at it in a logical way and figured out that instead of trying to power through or make myself crazy, I should accept 30,000 as my magic number.

So I wrote 30,000 words of the new story and love it. Part One is done. Now I'm starting Part Two which will have the second part of the story and be another 30,000 words.

Voila.

Lemons, meet lemonade. I'm thirsty.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have a drink with ya! :D

    So glad you figured out what was happening. I should be that lucky lol. Looking forward to reading what comes of it all, parts one, two and beyond.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete